If you want to impress your guests whom you invited, do not forget the appetizers.
This seems to be old-fashioned, but delicious appetizer to take in the majestic atmosphere for dinner. The food looks and serving at least as important as the taste. The dinner includes in addition to the elegance of carefully selected fine aperitif drink and appetizer which complements the “gourmet” food. I suggest the Luxury Shrimps Cocktail for your Summer Dinner Party …
Ingredients (for 8 people):
1 Kg of medium size shrimps
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of ketchup
1 tbsp of finely chopped Spring onions
½ cup of crème fraîche
½ an orange, the juice
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp of capers, well rinsed and drained
1 heart of a Romaine lettuce, roughly shredded
pinch of salt
lemon slices to garnish
1. Boil the shrimps in plenty of salted water for 10 minutes on medium heat.
2. Transfer in a colander to drain and when cooled down, keep 8 of the shrimps whole for later and peel the rest of them.
3. Put in a bowl the ketchup, the mayonnaise, the crème fraîche, the orange juice and the Worcestershire sauce and beat thoroughly with a whisk until the ingredients become a homogeneous mixture.
4. Add in the bowl the peeled shrimps, the Spring onions, the capers, the parsley and season with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper. Gently but thoroughly stir the ingredients to come together.
5. Fill individual serving bowls or glasses (martini or others) with some of the lettuce.
6. Divide the shrimp salad, sprinkle on top with some more parsley, garnish with the whole shrimps and lemon slices and serve immediately.